Jo Jarman, clerk to Avon Dassett Parish Council has put out the following statement regarding the upcoming election on 4 May:
“Following the receipt of a few queries from residents, I would like to advise that there are 5 seats on the Parish Council. Given that there are 8 nominations, the election to the Parish Council will take place on 4th May 2023, along with the elections to the District Council. I can confirm that you are able to vote for up to 5 candidates to be elected the Parish Council.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that when voting in person at the local Polling Station, voters will require one of the following accepted forms of identification:
- Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country
Driving and Parking
- Driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state (this includes a provisional driving licence)
- A Blue Badge
- Older Person’s Bus Pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- Disabled Person’s Bus Pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- Oyster 60+ Card funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- Freedom Pass
- Scottish National Entitlement Card
- 60 and Over Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- Disabled Person’s Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- Senior SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- Registered Blind SmartPass or Blind Person’s SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- War Disablement SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- 60+ SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- Half Fare SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
Proof of age
- Identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card)
Other government issued documents
- Biometric immigration document
- Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
- National identity card issued by an EEA state
- Electoral Identity Card issued in Northern Ireland
- Voter Authority Certificate
- Anonymous Elector’s Document
You will only need to show one form of photo ID. It needs to be the original version and not a photocopy.
Voters who have applied to vote by post will receive their form in the next few days; these can be returned by post or returned to the Polling Station on election day.”
There are seven nominations for the District Council and each elector has up to two votes.
A full list of the candidates for both elections may be found here.