All are invited to an event held by the Royal British Legion at their pop in centre in Birmingham (87 New Street, B2 4BA) on Thursday 22nd August from 1500-1700. The event is to launch their Remembrance theme for 2019 which is “Remember Together”.
They would be very pleased for local groups to attend to find out more and to talk them about how organisations can get involved.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by Monday 19th August 2019″.
Southam Safer Neighbourhood Team report via Twitter:
Locally we have seen an increase in rural crime including last weekend theft of 25 Lambs & 18 Ewes from between and . Please remain vigilant in rural communities and report anything suspicious on
Avon Dassett Soap Box Derby took place on 22 June 2019. There were a record number of entries in both junior and senior classes. The senior races saw the return of the head-to-head racing with a number of close finishes. The race raised £777.32 for Zoe’s Baby Place Hospice in Coventry, £500 for Fenny Compton Explorers, and £200 for Fenny Compton Church Roof Fund. All costs were covered by entry fees, sponsorship and grants with all donations from the public going directly to the charities and local groups.
- Megan Taplin, BDS Bullet (Avon Dassett)
- Jamie Welford, Red Lion Racing (Northend)
- Frank Whatcott, Jim Clark Special (Bishops Itchington)
Senior Lead Driver Winners
- Richard Burton, Acceleramus (London)
- Ben Gascoigne, Project Nein (Coventry)
- Phil Baxter, BDS Bullet (Avon Dassett)
Senior Second Driver Winners
- Gareth Woolford, Project Nein (Coventry)
- Ben Weir, BDS Bullet (Avon Dassett)
- Andy Whyman, Red Lion Racing (Northend)
Summary of Accounts
- Driver Entry Fees: £815
- Sponsorship/Donations: £2,312.50
- Bucket Collection: £482.32
- Raffle at Yew Tree Pub: £300
- Yew Tree Donation: £150
- Stratford District Council Grant (towards toilets): £300
- CJ Events (marshalling and road closure): £1168.50
- Dassett Charities (Car Park): £500
- Programme/Marketing: £239
- Paramedics: £100
- Merchandise/Medals: £95
- Toilets: £780
Funds Raised for Charity and Local Groups
- Zoe’s Baby Place Hospice, Coventry: £777.32
- Fenny Compton Explorers: £500
- Fenny Compton Church Roof: £200
This year’s Open Gardens took place last Sunday, 7th July. The organisers were lucky with the weather and visitor numbers were up on last year-335 compared to 240 in 2018.
£3,033.53 was raised for National Gardens Scheme and £212.65 for the Parish Council towards the upkeep of the tubs in the village. This compares to £2,230 and £158 in 2018. A breakdown of this year and previous years results are below.
The organisers were pleased to receive a note from NGS this morning complimenting them on their organisation of the day, including the shuttle service which was introduced this year.
The organisers would like to say thank you to everyone who contributed by opening their garden, helping with getting things ready, or helping on the day. And certainly not forgetting everyone who donated the lovely cakes, which had a lot of compliments!
RURAL CRIME FARMING EVENT – THURSDAY 11TH JULY 2019. 2PM TILL 6PM
This event will provide an opportunity for local farmers and land owners to come along and see how Rural Crime can be tackled and how they can help in the prevention and detection of crime.
There will be an opportunity to network with Stratford on Avon District Council’s Rural Crime Advisor, Warwickshire Police Safer Neighbourhood Teams, Wildlife Crime Officers, NFU, NFU Mutual, and various other exhibitors who will be showcasing and demonstrating new and innovative crime prevention products.
Refreshments will be available.
Stratford Livestock Market
Kindly hosted by, Vicki, Andrew and Philip Cook
There has been a worrying increase in local crime – particularly thefts. Recent incidents include:
- 14 Rhea chicks stolen from Avon Dassett, overnight 29-30 June 2019. Male Rhea killed and female escaped (incident 170 of 1 July 2019)
- ATM stolen from Fenny Compton Co-op on 25 June 2019 (incident 38 of 25 June 2019)
- Horse tack and trailer stolen from Radway, overnight 28-29 June 2019 (incident 106 of 30 June 2019)
- Burglary at the Post Office, Main Street, Tysoe at 0015 hours on 29 June 2019 (incident 7 of 29 June)
- Swift Hi-Style caravan stolen from Ladbrooke, overnight 29-30 June 2019 (incident 83 of 30 June 2019)
- Theft from van Long Itchington, overnight 1-2 July 2019 (incident 61 of 2 July)
- Diesel stolen from Stockton, overnight 29-30 June 2019 (incident 105 of 30 June 2019)
- Tools stolen from Business Park in Southam, overnight 25-26 June 2019 (incident WK-20190625-0120)
- Tools stolen from van in Southam, overnight 25-26 June 2019 (incident WK-20190626-0043)
A reminder that Avon Dassett gardens will be open from 2-6 pm this Sunday 7th July.
From cottage gardens to coach houses – there is a garden for everyone!
For more details see: https://www.avondassett.com/clubs-groups/open-gardens/