Warwickshire County Council is pleased to announce the launch of the Community Computers Scheme for 2018!
There are a total of 120 recycled laptops to give away for FREE to community groups, voluntary organisations and Town & Parish Councils, across all of Warwickshire. The laptops available are the Toshiba Z Series Ultralight Laptops.
All laptops will come with a minimum 120GB hard drive, 4GB Ram, Windows 7 Operating System, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Free Open Office software and will include Anti-virus protection software. A 3-month warranty is provided with each laptop. Groups can apply for 1 laptop and, if successful, they will receive the model mentioned above.
Who can apply?
- Locally based community or voluntary organisations. This includes Town and Parish Councils, but only for community focused projects (not for administration of the Town/Parish Council).
- Small-scale groups who have little or no IT equipment, and can show how it will be used to grow their organisation.
- Groups who do not have significant reserves or other resources
Before completing the application, you must consider the costs of running the equipment after the three-month warranty has expired, plus security, insurance, and additional software.
Conditions all applicants must agree to:
- Sign a simple receipt indemnifying the Council against any claim arising from the future use of the equipment and confirming that the Council accepts no ongoing responsibility for the condition of the equipment beyond the three-month warranty provided, or its disposal.
- To ensure validity of the three-month warranty, log-in must be completed within 3 months of receipt of the computer.
- Complete a simple report form at the end of six months, to describe the use of the equipment and its impact on their work.
- Ensure recognition of WCC in any publicity or communication relating to the equipment.
- Collect the laptop from the WCC Office in Shire Hall, Warwick.
Please apply online by following this link. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 28th September 2018.
If you have any queries, please ring the relevant Area Office below:
- Rugby: 01788 533 656
- South Warwickshire (Stratford/Warwick): 01926 413 685
- North Warwickshire and Nuneaton & Bedworth: 01926 737 767
Applications will be assessed and considered by the relevant Area Team and endorsed by a representative group of County Councillors. You will be contacted about your application within a few weeks of the closing date.