Unfortunately there has been a case of Alabama Rot – an often fatal disease for dogs – confirmed in Southam. Please see below guidance from the Dog’s Trust:
What are the symptoms?
- Skin lesions, ulcers and sores
- Lethargy, or a loss of energy
- Loss of appetite and not wanting to eat
Tips to best prevent your dog from becoming unwell.
- When out walking, where possible stick to dry paths and keep your dog out of muddy or wet areas
- Wash any mud off your dog after walks and check them for lesions or wounds. If you see any, take your dog to the Vet to have a look, especially if they don’t seem to be healing
- If your dog starts to become unwell, or suddenly suffers from conditions such as lethargy or anorexia and begins to vomit, take them to your Vet immediately for their advice