Enter your kart now!!
Entry forms and regulations for this year’s event which takes place on Saturday 20th June 2015 are available to download from the links below:
For further information please contact Colin Smith.
Please note that the Avon Pub will not be open for the 2015 event but there will be the following facilities, features and activities laid on for the event – all centred around the pub gardens.
- High quality barbeque
- Licensed bar with alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tea, Coffee and home-made cakes
- Toilet facilities
- P.A. system for all spectator announcements
- Raffle with numerous prizes including vouchers from local pubs and businesses
- Auction with prizes including a helicopter ride and rides in classic luxury and sports cars
- Presentation of awards to the Soapbox winning drivers of each class and the overall winner for 2015
Warwickshire County Council proposes to make a Temporary Traffic Order closing C35 Avon Dassett Road, Avon Dassett, between The Dassett Road, to vehicular traffic.
The closure is required to facilitate drainage works.
The Order will commence on 27 April 2015 and will last for a period of 18 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the earlier. However, it is anticipated that the works will be completed by 1 May 2015.
Pedestrian access to and egress from properties and land situated adjacent to the length of road to be closed will be maintained at all times. Vehicular access will be maintained where possible.
An alternative route will be signed and is available via: Church Hill, Lower End, Dassett Road, Banbury Road, Village Road, Bottom Street, Blacksmiths Lane, Northend Road, Bridge Street (and in reverse order).
The Contractor dealing with this matter is Adrian Gill for Balfour Beatty (Tel: 07837 319212).
The Council regrets any inconvenience that may be caused. The person dealing with this matter at Warwickshire County Council is Michael Rogers, County Highways (Tel: 01926 412515).
S Duxbury, Head of Law & Governance, Shire Hall, Warwick, 10 April 2015
CROPREDY TENNIS CLUB
Cropredy Tennis Club is a small friendly club offering facilities for family, social and competitive play to residents of Cropredy and surrounding area. Club nights are from mid April on Mondays for all members and on Wednesdays for ladies only. Anyone interested in joining the club can come along to any club night to meet and play along with the other members.
The club is offering a Summer coaching course for juniors (8-16 years) on Saturday mornings from 30 May for six weeks. Adult coaching will also be arranged if there is sufficient interest from members.
2015 Events include:
- Wimbledon Tickets Ballot will be held on 27 April at 8.30pm
- Junior Fun and Skills Event will be held on 25 April. Open to members and non members (8-16 years). Pre-registration is needed
- Club Social Event : An Open Day will be held on 5 July from 2.00 to 6.00pm, for members and non members, as part of the LTA’s National Tennis Awareness initiative. To arrange the event we need to know numbers in advance, so please pre-register your interest.
New members of all ages and abilities are welcome.
Contact the Secretary, Simon Bright or Membership Secretary, Beryl Lascelles on 01295 758244.