At the recent AGM, the Dassett Country Show agreed the following grants to charities and community groups:
- £550 will go to BLESMA, Dogs for the Disabled and McMillan Cancer Support.
- It was agreed £500 will be used for the Seniors lunch, Children’s Christmas presents and the Carol Service.
- St Peter and St Clare churches – £150. With support from members of the church at the Show we may be able to increase this next year.
- Avon Dassett Parish Council – £500 £5,500 is required to replace windows in the Reading Rooms and it also needs decorating. The PC has insufficient funding to cover this.
- Fenny Compton Scout Group – £300 This is to help launch a Scout Group. Members of the cubs helped at the Dassett Show.
- Fenny Compton Brownies – £300 They also helped at the Show
- The Replacement of Flower Tubs in the Village – £500
There will be an extraordinary planning meeting on December 2nd at 8 pm in the reading room.
A poignant service was held at the War Memorial in Avon Dassett on Sunday 9th November. it was attended by serving soldiers as well as members of the local community. Father Bill presided over the short ceremony. Graeme Miller read the Roll of Honour and Peter Wallace, the poem ‘For the Fallen’ by Laurence Binyon. Wreaths were laid by members of the army camp at Kineton and by the chair of the Parish Council, Councillor David Hutt.
The Remembrance Day event will be at the War Memorial in Avon Dassett at 12 noon.
See here for the latest information on gritting routes and services in and around Avon Dassett. The primary gritting routes are available as an interactive map by following the link above. The road from Fenny Compton through the village to the B4100 will be gritted but the road from Farnborough will not.